How to arrange furniture in the kitchen? This question worries many housewives who want to comfortably equip their own kitchen and facilitate the cooking process. In this material, we will consider three main principles of ergonomic arrangement of furniture and appliances.
On the importance of the correct arrangement of furniture and appliances
With the correct arrangement of furniture, several tasks are solved at once:
- Reduces the time for walking, and accordingly for cooking.
- Reduces the number of unnecessary movements.
- Makes the process of cooking more comfortable.
In this material, we intend to talk about the basic principles of the arrangement of furniture. Having familiarized with them, you can create your own "ergonomic paradise" in your kitchen.
Main principles of kitchen arrangement
As you can see, the correct location of the headset and household appliances allows you to significantly reduce the kilometers that the housewife overcomes during the cooking days and make the cooking process more comfortable. For information on how to achieve this, see this section.
Principle 1. Rule of the triangle
The main thing in arranging furniture in the kitchen is observance of the so-called "working triangle". At the same time, there will be three active points on its vertices that are most frequently used in the cooking process:
- sink for washing dishes;
- gas or electric stove.
With the correct arrangement of elements, the distance between these objects is minimized, and in the triangle area there are no additional obstacles in the form of decor elements, or stand-alone pedestals, racks, etc.
The ideal triangle in terms of ergonomics is as follows:
- Sink. Located at the top of the visual triangle. At the same time, the distance from the sink to the stove and from the sink to the fridge should average about 1.5 meters each. The minimum limit is 1.2 meters and the maximum limit is 2 meters.
- Plate. If the kitchen sink is clear, then the stove is considered a source of increased danger, it is here that the most injuries occur. Therefore for this object it is desirable not to take out additional working surfaces and behind the plate do not conduct manipulations requiring passage to the sink.
- Fridge. And what's wrong with him? - you ask. Yes, all right, just notice that the refrigerator door should be opened so that the approach to the refrigerator is not blocked, and unnecessary time and unnecessary movements are wasted.
Principle 2. Layout of the headset
The location of the headset in the kitchen can be carried out according to one of the layouts. In this section you will learn more about them. It:
- double row;
|Linear. With it everything is quite simple. Because of the lack of space options for the location of household appliances you have a little. In this arrangement, the objects of interest will go in the following sequence: first the refrigerator, then the sink, the stove closes.|
|U-shaped. The best option, if you expect to use the kitchen only for cooking. Kitchen table, and even more so the corner here clearly will not enter. The fridge, sink and stove are located at different walls. |
Another positive quality of this layout is the possibility to enter all the necessary household appliances. This arrangement is advisable to use in the design of a combined kitchen and living room.
|Double row. The most optimal option for arranging a rectangular elongated kitchen. In this case, the stove and the sink are located along one wall, and the refrigerator is placed at the opposite side.|
|Island. involves taking out a sink, stove and work surface in the center of the kitchen. |
With this arrangement ergonomics suggests that the triangle should not be broken by an island.
|L-shaped. It is considered the most practical, allows you to place all the necessary furniture, while the working triangle is divided into two walls. Places are sufficient even for household appliances (unless of course the area allows).|
Correct placement of the headset is half the battle. It is equally important to select the height of the upper cabinets, the hoods, and so on. Let us consider this point in more detail.
Principle 3. Choosing a distance
- Wall cabinets. They are best placed at a distance of 45-70 centimeters from the table top of the working area. This will prevent accidental collisions between the head and the doors of the lockers.
- Extractor hood. The height at which the hood is located directly depends on the type of plate for which it is intended. For electric stoves it is 65 cm, for gas models 0 75 cm.
- Table. In order to be able to move around the room during cooking, the dining table should be located at least 90 centimeters from the headset.
- Plate. Put it at least 45 centimeters from the window. Thus, you will negate the risk of blowing fire from a gust of wind.
Thanks to our material, you learned how to properly arrange furniture in the kitchen due to the main principles of arrangement of a comfortable space. Applying them in practice, you completely transform the room, make it more comfortable and practical. We also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the video and the proposed photo materials - they are sure that you will find many more useful information on them.