We are so accustomed to the benefits of civilization that we probably do not even imagine a modern kitchen without water. And, if suddenly the mixer suddenly broke down, or in the course of repair it is necessary to change it?
In order not to turn this unpleasant problem into a catastrophe of "universal" scale, we wrote a step-by-step instruction on how to install a crane in the kitchen. It will help correctly and reliably replace or supply a new mixer.
Adhering to the simple rules written in this article, you will save on two things: the waiting time of the specialist and the money that will have to be given to the master for his work. Of course, there are kitchens with such a twisted layout that it is simply impossible to approach the crane - there will have to be spent.
How to start the installation? First of all, you need to purchase a suitable device for the kitchen faucet.
Here it is necessary to consider the following nuances:
- The mixer should fit both under pipes, a sink, a bowl, and to correspond to your wishes in the aesthetic plan.
- It should be durable and easy to use: optimal height, spout and must.
- Material. A quality mixer can only be found among metal models (most often brass, but maybe an alloy). Undoubtedly, there are ceramic and plastic cranes, but the material itself speaks only of the decorative nature of such products, and not its durability.
Read also an article about a kitchen faucet with a shower.
Types of mixers
Knowing the basic requirements for kitchen mixers, let's look at their varieties. I must say that each of them has its own characteristics.
And if you are aware of this plan, you can choose the best mixer for your needs.
- Gate valve the installation of a water faucet. Old good designs, to which we are so used. The faucet faucets are the gusak itself of the tap and branches with valves for adjusting the water temperature. To date, there are single-sided and two-ventilated mixers. The first are practically not used nowadays, since they do not differ with special convenience. But the two-valve models are very convenient and practical.
- Ball Mixers. They consist of a single lever and a ball module, which allows the lever to move sideways, upwards, to start up water and mix it. Ball structures are more accurate and comfortable in operation, since it is not necessary to tighten the valve tightly - you just need to lower the lever with a light push and the water supply will stop.
Note! This type of kitchen faucet has one minus. The ball module installed in the mixer is very sensitive to hard water and salts contained in it.
Therefore, over time, the lever will turn with an unpleasant raspy sound. Durability to such a mixer can provide a quality filter for water purification.
- Automatic Mixers. A real miracle of technology! The water supply starts when hands are brought to the gander or when the button is pressed. The water temperature is also adjusted by hands, as in the photo below.
Another plus of this device is that if the pressure in the pipes drops, then the mixer will adjust it and you will not get a sharp flow of hot or cold water.
But nevertheless, the automatic models do not differ in practicality. If the pressure in the pipes drops very much or one of the types of water (cold or hot) is absent, the automatic mixer will cease to work at all. Well, the price of such models is not always available to ordinary citizens.
Preparation before installing the mixer
Preparatory actions are very important, so that later you do not have to spend doubly (for example, on new kitchen furniture, floor covering or on the call of the same master).
Therefore, here are some useful recommendations:
- All surfaces that can be accidentally damaged by tools, mounting parts of the mixer and unexpected water flow, should be covered with a cardboard or a film.
- Then follows the preparation of all the necessary tools and materials:
- Several adjustable wrench sizes;
- Two drain hoses;
- Two special pins (represent a kind of rod with external thread, and has a connection - a threaded hole and a nut);
- Plate with round gaskets with a hole in the middle (necessary for clamping) - 4 pieces;
- The same plates of dense rubber for sealing - 4 pieces;
- Support plate (preferably of metal, for a more secure attachment).
Important! Drain hoses should be chosen competently. Before buying them, measure the required length. Otherwise, you can purchase too short or too long hoses.
Short - do not reach the desired attachment point. And the long ones will bend under the sink, which is fraught with their rapid wear and unexpected unpleasant "surprises".
- Without fail, we shut off the water. It's important not to forget to do it! Otherwise, you can get burned if the flow of hot water rushes while dismantling the old mixer. It is better not to take chances.
- The sink should be pushed as far as possible, in order to expand the space for more convenient work.
- Then it would be good to check the new mixer for serviceability. For this we test the tightness of the lower fastener with our own hands (it holds the entire structure). Also it is necessary to check the tap: for this, turn it to the maximum allowed angle - it should not be too tight or, conversely, hang out. If there is one, this is a marriage in the product.
Well, if the mixer fits tight enough, and the mount does not scroll, then you can continue the installation.
Read also the article "How to install a combined kitchen faucet".
Step-by-step installation of the mixer
The whole complexity of the installation of the kitchen faucet is the care and the sequence of actions.
If everything is debugged and rechecked several times - rest assured that the mixer will last a long time.
- First of all, it is necessary to screw the supply hose onto the mixer (preferably from the short sleeve - the metal rod with thread).
- Then, from the studs on the mixer, remove the bronze nuts and fully twist the studs.
- Through the hole in the sink we pass the hoses wrapped in the mixer.
- Mount the structure on the sink.
- We put on the rubber gasket.
- Pressing a metal plate, wind the bronze nuts on the studs.
- Now the appropriate key is to tighten the nuts. The nuts must be tightened tightly, but not over tightened! Otherwise, this will lead to unpleasant consequences - stalling the nut, deforming the plate, or even stalling the tap when water is supplied.
- The next step of the installation is the connection to the water supply of the hoses. It is not difficult to do this, but it is important not to confuse. For this, there is a simple rule: turn the mixer so that the faucet looks directly at you. Then it will be easy to determine where is the water supply (cold / hot).
- Hoses to the pipes are fastened using a union nut. When fixing this whole thing, do not drag the connection!
- Check all connections. A total of 4: 2 to the mixer from the side of the sink; 2 to common pipes. The mixer itself must be attached to the sink reliably. The crane, as already mentioned above, should not hang out or be too tight.
- And only after a thorough check can you turn on the water supply.
Now you can be congratulated on the self-assembly of the kitchen faucet! If you have any questions about the topic of the article, we recommend you to watch the video on our website, which will certainly give them detailed answers.
Read also the article "How to fix the faucet in the kitchen in an affordable way."